Pack 214 Fishing Derby
June 21, 2014 9:30 am - 12:00 Noon. Location: Platte Falls Conservation Area
We'll Meet at Saint James at 8:30 am, and caravan up to the Conservation Area.
For those who wish to drive separately, please click here for directions.
CLICK HERE FOR THE REQUIREMENTS FOR EARNING THE FISHING BELT LOOP and/or PIN
Come enjoy a morning of fishing and bring a picnic lunch. Scouts will have the opportunity to fish the Conservation Area's stocked pond and earn their fishing belt loop. Youth will not require a fishing license. We will attempt to have sufficient fishing equipment available for those who do not have any. Otherwise, please please bring a fishing pole, bait, tackle and dress appropriately. More information will be posted shortly.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST:
- Fishing Pole, Crickets / Wax Worms, Tackle Box w/ Small Hooks, Bobbers, Sinkers (Splitshots)
- Protection from the sun: Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen,
- First Aid Kit w Hemostats and Insect Repellant,
- Small Fixed Blade Knife, A Pair Of Needle-Nosed Pliers, And A Multi Tool
- Cooler and Trash Bags
- Plenty of Liquids: Water, Soda, Sports Drinks, Fruit Juice
- Food: Sack Lunch and Plenty of Snacks